2007-Present: Currently Practicing Attorney – Principally in Central and Southern Indiana
Primary emphasis in the areas of Criminal Law, Appeals, Juvenile Law, and License Suspensions.
- 1995-2006: Monroe County Prosecutor. Elected for three terms.
- 1989-1991: Paralegal Program Chair, Indiana Vocational Technical College, Indianapolis – Administration of Program; preparation of Curriculum; Student Counseling; Teaching: Legal Research and Writing, Computers in the Law, Property, and Appellate Procedure; Faculty Advisor-Student Senate.
- 1987-1994: General Practice of Law – Principally in Monroe, Morgan and Marion County – Primary emphasis in the areas of Criminal Law, Family Law, Corporate Organization and Formation, and Real Estate. Extensive experience as a trial attorney. Secondary experience in Appellate Work and other Civil Matters. Judicial experience as Judge Pro Tempore of the Monroe Superior/Circuit Courts.
- 1985-1987: Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Monroe County Bloomington, IN – Hired to organize/computerize the Child Support Office for the Prosecutor along with Misdemeanor trial work. Advanced to Felony Trial Deputy, Misdemeanor Chief and then to Felony Trial Deputy in two Superior Courts. Extensive Jury and Regular Trial experience, investigation, and administration.
- 1983-1985: General Practice of Law – Principally in Monroe, Morgan and Marion County
- 1979-1983: Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Morgan County Martinsville, IN